A quick, easy and healthy treat, this is easy to adjust to suit your tastes and style.
You will need:
- 350g Steak
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into various sizes
- 550g of julienne-style romaine lettuce
- 3tbsp crumbled cheese
- 40g finely sliced onion â€“ can be red or white
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Heat a small amount of butter in a griddle pan until smoking
2. Place the Steak into the pan â€“ cook for around 1minute per side, whilst seasoning the upwards side with the sale and pepper
3. Whilst the steak rests (for between three and five minutes) Mix the onion, tomatoes and garlic in a large bowl
4.Â Slice the Steak into narrow strips â€“ no wider than 1cm
5. Add the sliced Steak, lettuce and oil to the bowl, then toss so all is covered well. Crumble the cheese on top before service.
To make this dish a bit different, it’s worth experimenting with lots of the ingredients – the time spent cooking the meat, what type of meat you use (Beef, Pork, Lamb or Chicken), and the cut of meat, the type of cheese, and if you use an oil or vinaigrette.
Photo Credit: Benimoto on Flickr.