Look no further for your 4th of July meal menu.Â I have the perfect solution for your holiday cooking,Â yet no solution that it fallsÂ on a Tuesday this year- but that just gives us more reasons to grill.Â
Enjoy these delicious meal ideas from Tennessee grill extraordinaire chef Kent Whitaker.Â From Grilled Orange Pork Chops to a fantastic BBQ sauce, this is a meal worth celebrating itself!Â Enjoy!
Grilled Orange Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (Â¾ inches thick and 5 ounces each)Â
- 1/4Â teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawedÂ
- 1/2Â cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1Â 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
Marinate everything together in a zip close bag. Grill up the chops, serve with seasoned rice or just toss on a bun with your favorite barbecue sauce.
Mustard & Pretzel Burgers Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/ 2 cup sweet relish
- 1/ 3 cup prepared mustard
- 1/ 2 cup diced onion
- 3/ 4 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/ 2 tablespoon minced garlic
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and form into patties. Grill over hot coals to desired doneness. Serve hot.
Chicken Breast Teriyaki Recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet white wine
- 1Â tablespoon sugar
- 1Â tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 whole chicken breast, boneless and skinless
Mix all ingredients and marinate in a zip close bag for about 2 hours. Remove and grill.
Jack Black Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup mustard
- 1/ 2 cup Whiskey
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small green pepper, minced
Combine all and use as a baste.Â This is a great basting sauce for ribs, tenderloins and butts. Try it!