OK, I’ve been struggling with one of those season-changing sore throats recently.Â So I’m going to try & soothe my suffering with this Asian Chicken SoupÂ Recipe with Shiitake Mushrooms.Â Nothing is better on a sore throat than good, hot soup.Â Enjoy!
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 Star anise
- Half of a ginger,Â thinly sliced
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, trimmed
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 1 cup trimmed bean sprouts
- Lime wedges and freshly sliced red chili, to serve
Place stock, star anise and ginger in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the chicken, return to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and gently simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside to cool slightly.
Place the bok choy, mushrooms and snowpeas in the broth, add the Chinese rice wine. Shred chicken and divide, with bean sprouts, between four bowls. Top with the hot broth and vegetables. Serve with fresh lime and chili on the side.