A friend of mine had been travelling in New Zealand, and came back preaching about this served with ice cream!
1 sweet Pineapple
300g Caster Sugar
3 red Chillies (chopped)
5cm of Ginger (grated)
100ml dark rum
1 tbsp honey
Seeds of 1 Vanilla pod
1. Remove the skin and core from the pineapple, and cut into rings about 1cm thick
2. Put the Sugar, Chillies, ginger and vanilla seeds into a blender, and pulse until a fine powder
3. Slowly add the powder into the rum and honey (If youâ€™ve got children, use another tbsp of honey instead of the rum). Leave for 15 minutes to infuse all the flavours
4. Lay the pineapple rings out and spread the mix over both sides, before leaving for as long as you want â€“ Iâ€™d say a minimum of 30minutes. At the same time, heat the over to 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas Mark 6.
5. Cook the Pineapple for about 10 or 15 minutes, or until the sugar starts to caramelise
6. Serve Hot