â€¢ 1200 grams sea perch (2 Â¾ lbs, can be Sea Bass or Rockfish)
â€¢ 250 grams fine fish stuffing (1 Cup)
â€¢ 20 grams chopped tarragon (1 Â½ Tbsp)
â€¢ 500 grams Puff pastry dough (1 lbs)
â€¢ 1 egg yolk
â€¢ 200 grams savory crÃªpes (7 oz)
â€¢ Choron sauce (a bÃ©arnaise sauce without the tarragon or chervil and plus added pureed tomatoes)
â€¢ 1 tarragon branch (2 tsp)
â€¢ 4 basil leaves (2 tsp)
â€¢ 1 stalk thyme (2 tsp)
â€¢ 1 bay leaf
â€¢ 1 stalk rosemary (2 tsp)
â€¢ 10 grams chopped garlic (1 Tbsp)
â€¢ 1 deciliter olive oil (1/3 cup)
â€¢ fresh ground black pepper
Method of Preparation :
1. Clean the fish.
2. Cut the fillets and remove the skin. Keep the head.
3. Rub the fillets with the herbs and season with fresh ground pepper.
4. Place the fish in a dish and sprinkle with olive oil before covering and placing in the fridge.
5. Make the fish stuffing.
6. Roll out the dough evenly to 2mm thick and cut into 2 even parts.
7. Drain the sea perch fillets, wipe them with a paper towel and season them with salt.
8. Place one part of puff pastry on a baking sheet.
9. Cover the dough with a layer of crÃªpes.
10. Place the fish head and 1 fillet on the dough, reshaping the fish.
11. Fill with the fish stuffing and sprinkle with the chopped tarragon and the chopped basil.
12. Put the bay leaf, thyme and rosemary stalks in the head cavity.
13. Cover with the remaining fillet.
14. Carefully wet the borders of the dough and cover with the remaining crÃªpes and then dough.
15. Seal the borders and cut off any excess dough.
16. Brush with egg wash and make a decoration on the dough.
17. Let it rest in the fridge for 15 min.
18. Cook at 220ÂºC for 7min, then at 160ÂºC for 20min. (425oF, and 325oF)
19. The center must reach 65ÂºC. (150oF)
20. Serve with Choron sauce.