Okay, so it’s not exactly a Turkey Dinner, with all the trimmings, but it’s a very nice treat – especially with a nice, thick, sticky sauce…mmm! Serve with fresh cooked rice or noodles
To Serve 4
600g Beef Fillet, cleaned of any fibres, cut into thin slices
1/3 Cup Oil
2tbsp Spring Onions
2tbsp Dry Sherry or Dry Vermouth
½ Red Pepper, cut into thin strips
1 small Red Onion, thinly sliced
1 heaped tbsp Ginger, cut into thin strips
3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
2tbsp Dry Sherry, or dry white wine
2tbsp Black Bean Sauce, from a jar
1/2tsp Sesame Oil
2 large red Chilli Peppers, cut into diagonal pieces
1. Mix the Meat with two tablespoons of the Sherry (or Vermouth), Salt and Sugar, and keep covered in the fridge for thirty minutes.
2. In a large, heavy pan or wok, heat some of the oil until very hot, and fry half the Meat for thirty seconds, and then repeat with the other half of the meat.
3. Fry the Onion, Ginger and Garlic for thirty seconds, before adding the Meat back to the Wok, with the remaining Sherry and stir until warmed through.
4. Add the Black Bean sauce, Sugar, Soy Sauce, Vinegar and Sesame Oil to the pan, and continue cooking for another minute.
5. Finally add the Chilli Peppers and Pepper to the pan, and continue stirring for another thirty seconds, before serving.
Photo Courtesy of: Avlxyz