Here we go, one step closer to couscous nirvana.Â
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2- 15 oz cans black beans, drained
- S & P to taste
In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth to boil.Â Stir in couscous.Â Cover pot and remove from heat.Â Allow to stand covered for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl- wish together your olive oil, vinegar & cumin.Â Add chopped green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn & beans and stir until mixed.
Back to the couscous, all the liquid should now be gone leaving it fluffy and light.Â Stir and break up any lumps.Â
Add couscous to bowl and mix.Â Season with S & P & top with grated carrots.
You are ready to serve or refrigerated until use.