2 tbsp Olive Oil
55g Pancetta diced (or streaky bacon if you can’t find any Pancetta)
1 onion, finely chopped
125ml White Wine
4 Fresh, Large Tomatoes
225ml Meat Stock
Salt and Pepper
1. Wash the chicken and pat dry and cutting into 8 even sized pieces, keeping the skin intact.
2. Rub a generous amount of Salt and Pepper into the skin, and set aside
3.Heat oil in a casserole dish, before adding the pancetta and onion. Fry until the onions are translucent
4. Add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides. Add the Wine, and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Whilst this is simmering, peel and quarter the tomatoes, remove the seeds, and cut into small dice. Add to the chicken, then pour in the stock.
6. Cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes, and season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
Photo courtesy of The Culinary Geek