Cooking with Amy’s Amy Sherman has tweeked this wonderful Banana Walnut Pancakes recipe almost as much as I have tweeked my Kartoffelkloesse, or German Potato Dumplings recipe.Â Enjoy this wonderful breakfast or anytime treat.
- 1 cup + 1Â tablespoonÂ all-purpose flour
- 1/4Â cup ground flax seed or flax meal
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2Â teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2Â tablespoon mild flavored oil (rice bran, canola, grapeseed)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk (replace with soy milk if vegan)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (about 3/4 cup) chopped and mushed up ripe banana
1/4-1/2 c chopped toasted walnuts
Â What’s Next:
Combine all dry ingredients in a medium size bowl. In small bowl, combine liquid ingredients and add to the dry, mix well. Heat griddle or large skillet to medium heat. Using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, cook on one side until bubbly, then flip and cook until done. Top with toasted walnuts.