Cooking with Amy has gone to much trouble to create the perfect strawberry cupcakes, and by Jove- I think she’s got it.Â These delicious melt-on-your-tongue cupcakes are just the thing to cheer you up, make for mom on Mother’s DayÂ or just toÂ satisfy that sweet tooth.Â Enjoy & a big thanks to Amy for getting it right for us!
Ingredients for cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces DannonÂ® All Natural Vanilla Lowfat Yogurt (or any other fruit flavor of yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
Ingredients for frosting:
- 2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 fresh strawberries, about 2 Tbsp. mashed
Go ahead & preheat oven to 350Â F, or 175 C.Â Line a muffin tin with paper liners. With an electric hand mixer, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg, DannonÂ® All Natural Vanilla Lowfat Yogurt and vanilla, blending until smooth.
Measure the dry ingredients into the bowl and blend, then fold in the strawberries.
Divide the mixture equally between the 12 paper-lined cupcake cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
Beat together butter, powdered sugar, and mashed strawberry in medium-size bowl until creamy and smooth. Chill frosting for 15 minutes or until thick. Frost cupcakes with a spatula. Keep cupcakes in the refrigerator loosely covered.
Eat well & Laugh often!