This week, we’re linking to recipes that make you think a little bit out of the box– because doing the unexpected in cooking and baking is always a good thing.
1. First up is Brownie Points’ New Tricks for Your Coffee, certainly one of my favorite posts of the week, maybe ever. She gives us ideas on how to “teach your coffee to jump through hoops” – by salting it, of example.
2. Of course, Chocolate & Zucchini’s Sticky Chocolate Cake caught my eye. It uses prunes and maple syrup- two ingredients I’ve never before used in a chocolate cake. But from the photo you just know it’s delicious.
3. Next up are seven spoons’ Fig & Walnut Crisps, which at first glance look kind of like very thin biscotti- then you realize they contain dried figs, walnuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and (one of my favorite healthy picks) flax seed. Mmm.
4. I’ve only recently discovered the joy that is lemon pasta- now it’s one of my favorite dishes ever. Smitten Kitchen puts a twist on it with this Asparagus, Goat Cheese & Lemon Pasta, which is so simple, yet so obviously glorious.
5. And finally- My Baking Addiction’s Mini Angel Food Cakes are next on my baking list this week, because- well, who doesn’t love Angel Food cake? And to do them in miniature? And topped with strawberries? I’m so there.