When you’re watching your carb intake, suddenly carbs are everywhere! Well, they are anyway in this week’s picks of delicious links:
1. The Daring Bakers took on Bakewell tarts this week, and among all of the resulting mouthwateringness, I happened upon alpineberry’s Macadamia Mango version. What I would give for a slice of that right now…
2. Moving on to something a little healthier, these are Kayotic Kitchen’s Pineapple Tequila Kabobs, which are grilled and sprinkled with coconut. Can you say burst of flavor?
3. And because I love corn (and miss it dearly), I can’t take my eyes off the delightfully named Half Assed Kitchen’s Grilled Corn on the Cob. Slathered with lots of sweet butter, sprinkled with some fleur de sel.
4. My favorite Pioneer Woman is on a Fourth of July kick, and her Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad is one of her offerings. And because I just so happen to have a pack of sundried tomatoes in the pantry, and we’re expecting some friends and family over for Saturday dinner, this one’s definitely going on the menu.
5. And finally- frozen yogurt! Sometimes I think I like frozen yogurt better than ice cream. Sometimes. seven spoons’ Bumbleberry Frozen Yogurt uses Greek yogurt, mixed with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries- and she warns us to eat it the day it’s made. No problem.