This week, our delicious picks include some of the most comforting comfort foods out there:
- SimplyRecipes shows us How to Make Homemade Sausage – and it’s really not that hard. I tried this the other night, making patties from the sausage mix because I don’t own a sausage stuffer. Also would be great in your next lasagna recipe.
- Broccoli and Chicken Noodle Soup is the ultimate in comfort food. She likens the hot soup to a “hug”, and I have to agree. Perfect for rainy days- or for days that just feel rainy (ever have those?)
- Brown Sugar Pavlova with Banana and Rum Syrup just spells happiness for me. Just imagine the sweet meringue, crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, with that sinful syrup oozing over it… okay, I must go make this now.
- Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich. I’ve made many a home-made Philly Cheesesteak in my time, but never one as delicious-looking as this. The meat is finely marbled wagyu, and the cheese sauce has sake, pimenton-adobo sauce, and white truffle oil in it. Can you say decadence?
- And finally, Homemade Bagels, which are surprisingly easy to make- and, as all breads you bake yourself and take straight from the oven, so much better than anything commercially available.