We don’t have to wait for celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse’s new Gulfport,Â Mississippi restaurant to open in order to enjoy some great Lagasse cuisine!Â This Thanksgiving, why not try something a little new, aÂ littleÂ different?Â This Emeril Lagasse Andouille Sausage CornbreadÂ Stuffing recipeÂ enlivens any Thanksgiving meal, no matter who did the turkey this year, enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped andouille sausage (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled homemade or purchased corn muffins
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add yellow onions and sausage and saute 1 minute. Add green onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic and stir fry 1 minute.
Stir in corn muffins, stock and Creole seasoning, season to taste with salt and pepper and cook, stirring and shaking the skillet, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve with roast chicken, turkey or pork.