A post on SlashFood got me to reminiscing over smells & memories.Â According to an old episode of M*A*S*H, & many other reputable sources, one’s sense of smell is one of the biggest memory triggers that we humans have.
A certain food smell can take us back in time to our favorite memories.Â I’ve come up with my Five Most Favorite Food Smells List.
- #1:Â Homemade Biscuits– my grandmother would get up before the roosters & make us all homemadeÂ biscuits, lard included, which would awaken us gently with our tummies grumbling.
- #2:Â Chocolate Chip Cookies– the smell of fresh out-of-the-ovenÂ CCC are enough to send me to the moon.Â They make me think of all the many holidays & celebrations where CCC are always welcome.
- #3:Â Pumpkin Bread– the start of fall, with the leaves falling, the respite in the hot weather & the beautiful colors picking up their heads take me back to pumpkin bread & how it can just fill a house full of warmth & love, not to mention taste!
- #4:Â Bacon– I have a closet love for bacon & you can never hide the smell, as it pervades every inch of your home.
- #5:Â Sauteed Onions & Garlic– nothing brings me back to the first years of cooking than sauteed onions & garlic.Â These two have been my pals for a long time now & I don’t think I will ever get over them.
Now that I’ve shared my favorite five, tell me yours!