Nothing says the weekend like Saturday brunch.Â Enjoy this Bacon Quiche Diane recipe sure to please everyone.Â
- 1 small jar of artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms, raw or sautÃ©ed
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions or green onions
- 4-6 strips softly cooked bacon, cut bite size
- 2/3 cup broccoli flowerettes
- 2/3 cup spinach, cooked, drained, chopped
- 1/4 lb each Gruyere and Swiss cheese slices, cut into strips
- 4 medium eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- S & P, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 15″ round pie dough shellÂ
Go ahead & preheat your oven to 350 F, or175 C.
Prepare and form a raw pizza or pie dough shell in a 9″-12″ rustica pan or pie pan, then lightly coat the dough surface with olive oil. Or, try substituting the pie dough with this pizza dough recipe.Â Pizzeria Pizza Dough Recipes.
Into the shell, layer the artichokes, mushrooms, onion, bacon, broccoli and cheeses.
Lightly beat the eggs and heavy cream, adding a little salt, pepper and dash of cayenne, until the mixture thickens slightly.
Pour over the contents in the pan.
Bake at 350Â°F for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the mixture has set and the top and crust have browned.
Cool slightly, remove quiche from baking pan, cut into serving slices and return to pan for serving.