Well, with summer well underway, we’ll just have to find the most sunny dishes to cook on the grill. I’m thinking peppers, aren’t you?
Try this Grilled Peppers Recipe as a perfect side to any grilled chicken recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 4 bell peppers, mixed colors, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 anchovy fillets or 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Preheat the grill to a medium heat. Wrap the garlic cloves in a piece of foil.
Grill the garlic packet and pepper halves, cut-sides up, covered, without turning, for 10 minutes or until the pepper skins are blackened.
Remove the peppers from the grill. When cool enough to handle, peel the peppers and cut them into 1/2 inch wide strips.
Continue grilling the garlic for 10 minutes or until softened. When cool enough to handle, snip the stem end of each clove of garlic and squeeze the garlic pulp into a large bowl. Add the anchovies, mashing until well combined.
Whisk in the brown sugar, vinegar and oil. Add the peppers and basil to the bowl, toss well, and serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.