- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 3 slices bacon
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 Granny Smith apple – peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup cooked, chopped turkey meat
- 1 teaspoon chicken soup base
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
Mix the onion, celery, carrot, peas, mushrooms, almonds, raisins and apple into the skillet. Slowly cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
Mix in the turkey, chicken soup base, soy sauce, parsley and pepper. Mix in the rice. Serve hot.