Slightly different to the traditional Meatloaf, this dish is a more mature and grown up version – spicier with stronger flavours in it, it’s a great adult alternative to a boring meal time!
To serve 8
125g Chorizo, finely diced
175g Red Onion, peeled and finely diced
450g Lean Minced Beef
2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and crushed
5tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
150g Fresh White Breadcrumbs
1 Egg Yolk
Salt and Pepper
75g Cheddar, grated
50g Soft Blue Cheese, crumbled (i.e., Roquefort)
150ml Single Cream
125g White Bread, crusts removed and diced
1. On a piece of foil, mark a rectangle about forty three by thirty five centimetres, and brush with oil.
2. In a large bowl, mix the Sausage, Onion, Garlic and Minced Beef. Slowly add in the Parsley, most of the Breadcrumbs, the Whole Eggs, Passata and the Salt and Pepper. Knead well until the mixture is smooth, and then spread over the foil, leaving a border one inch from the sides.
3. Mix the Cheddar and Soft Blue cheese together, then set aside twenty five grams of the Cheese to one side. Add the rest of the Breadcrumbs to the twenty five grams of Cheese, along with more of the Parsley.
4. Bring the Single Cream to the boil, and pour over the Diced White Bread. Add the Cheddar and Soft Blue cheese mixture, and beat in the Egg Yolk until well mixed. Pour and spread evenly over the Meat, then roll up from the shorter side, using the foil as help. Place seam-side down on a lightly Oiled baking tray, then remove the foil.
5. Place in an oven at 180c for around an hour. Sprinkle the rest of the Cheese and Crumb mixture over the top, and return to the Oven for a further fifteen minutes until well browned.
6. Allow to sit for five minutes before cutting into thick slices, then serve straight away.
Photo Courtesy of: fifikins