The Naked Chef himself Jamie Oliver is stepping up to the plate on the TodayÂ show for a spring cooking school.Â As part of his ‘Feed Me Better’ campaign, Oliver is taking us by the ear and making us cookÂ & eat better.Â Here is the sexy chef’s Tender & Crisp Chicken Legs with Sweet Tomatoes recipe, enjoy.
- 4 chicken legs, jointed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A big bunch of fresh basil, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- 2 big handfuls of red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved, and ripe plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, broken up into cloves
- 1 fresh red chili finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Optional: 1 14 ounce can of canellini beans, drained
- Optional: 2 handfuls of new potatoes, scrubbed
- Optional:Â linguini or spaghetti
Go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 F, or 175 C.
Season your chicken pieces all over and put them into a snug-fitting pan in one layer. Throw in all the basil leaves and stalks, then chuck in your tomatoes. Scatter the garlic cloves into the pan with the chopped chili and drizzle over some olive oil. Mix around a bit, pushing the tomatoes underneath.
Place in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, turning the tomatoes halfway through, until the chicken skin is crisp and the meat falls off the bone. If you fancy, you can add some drained cannellini beans or some sliced new potatoes to the pan and cook them with the chicken.
Â Or you can serve the chicken with some simple mashed potato. Squeeze the garlic out of the skins before serving. You could even make it part of a pasta dish â€“ remove the chicken meat from the bone and shred it, then toss into a bowl of linguini or spaghetti and serve at once.