This dish is very simple and ready in a little over an hour. Using fresh Herbs as opposed to dried ones gives better flavours, and means that the flavours are a bit more intense and the brighter colours meaning that this dish is a treat for the eyes, nose and mouth!!!
To Serve 4
12 Sprigs of Fresh Mixed Herbs, such as Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary
3 Garlic Cloves, Peeled
2tbsp Olive Oil
4 Lamb Steaks, each weighing around 175g
225g Onion, Peeled and finely Chopped
400g Can of Chopped Tomatoes
30ml White Wine
1 1/2tsp Sugar
Salt and Pepper
Grated Rind of 1 Lime and 1 Lemon
1. Remove the Herbs from the stalks, and place into a food processor with two of the Garlic Cloves, and blend until roughly chopped.
2. Heat the Oil in a flameproof Casserole dish, that has a tight-fitting lid. Brown the Lamb Steaks off, and remove from the pan, and place to one side, before adding the Onions and sautÃ© them until they begin to brown, before adding the Tomaotes, White Wine and Sugar.
3. Simmer the mixture for three or four minutes, until it begins to reduce down, then stir in the Herb mixture, and season to taste.
4. Place the Lamb Steaks back in the pan, and bring the mixture to the boil. Cover with the lid, and bake for about forty minutes at 170C â€“ the Lamb should be tender when cooked
5. When the Lamb is finished cooking, crush the final Garlic Clove, and mix with the Grated Rind of the Lemon and Lime, sprinkle over the steaks, and cook for ten more minutes.
Photo Courtesy of: VirtualErn