The chunks of lemon in the dish soften very nicely, and add a delicious extra texture to surprise your taste buds. Try to de-seed the chunks of lemon, or at least make sure that you have picked them out of the mixture.
To Serve 4
800g Boneless Chicken, cut into bite size chunks
½ Chicken Stock Cube, in 2 cups of hot water
1/3 Dry Sherry or Dry White Wine
2tbsp Oyster Sauce
4tbsp Hoisin Sauce
1tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Lemon, with the peel cut into strips
1 small Lemon, cut into round pieces
1/3 cup Flour
1/3 cup Corn Flour
Plenty of Oil for Frying
2tbsp Lemon Juice
2tbsp Corn Flour
2 Egg Yolks
2tbsp Dry Sherry or Dry White Wine
1. In a bowl, dissolve 2 tablespoons of the Corn Flour, with 2tablespoons of water. Mix in the Egg Yolks, 2 tablespoons of Dry Sherry (or White Wine), and teaspoon of Salt.
2. Add the Chicken, and make sure it’s well covered, put to one side, cover and refrigerate for an hour.
3. In a medium sized pan, place the Chicken stock, Sherry, Oyster Sauce, Hoisin Sauce, Soy Sauce and the Lemon Peel, then allow to boil. Turn down to the lowest heat, then leave to simmer uncovered for ten minutes.
4. Add the lemon slices and continue to simmer for five more minutes, and then remove from the heat.
5. In a bag, mix the third cup of Corn Flour with the third cup of Flour, and mix well. Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake well, making sure the chunks are completely covered.
6. Heat plenty of oil and fry half the Chicken, and fry for a minute. Lower the heat and continue cooking for another minute. Remove from the oil, and place on Kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
7. Do the same for the other half of the Chicken.
8. Mix a small amount of Corn Flour in with the lemon Juice, and serve as a sauce.
Photo Courtesy of: Avlxyz