This morning I was staring into my pantry lookingÂ at the next culinary victim, when I noticed a fewÂ leftoverÂ cans from ThanksgivingÂ of Libby’s packed pumpkin puree.Â So, my mind got to thinking & I found this delicious recipe for a Pumpkin Roll Cake that I’m trying out today.Â With that cold front coming in, I know we will be enjoying this treat by the fireplace this weekend.Â Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup LIBBY’SÂ® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
What’s Next for the Cake:
Go ahead & preheat your oven to 375 F or 100 C.Â Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
CombineÂ flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
Bake in preheated ovenÂ for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
What’s Next on the Filling:
Beat your cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
And that’s it, you’re done!