These popular Indian Starters have a spicy Meat and Vegetable filling, and are great when served with traditional Indian dips and accompaniments â€“ Onion Bhajis, Poppadums, Chutneys and other dips.
To Serve 4
115g Minced Beef
3 Spring Onions, Finely Sliced
50g Baby Sweetcorn, Chopped
1 Carrot, Finely Diced
1/2tsp Ground Cumin
1/2tsp Ground Coriander
1tsp Curry Paste
50ml Beef Stock
6 Sheets Filo Pastry
2tbsp Melted Butter
Oil (for Deep Frying)
1. Heat the tablespoon of Oil in a frying pan, and fry the Beef off for five minutes until brown.
2. Add the Spring Onion, Sweetcorn, Carrot, Coriander, Curry Paste and Cumin to the pan, and cook for five more minutes, before adding the stock, and bringing to the boil. Once boiling, remove from the heat.
3. Cut each sheet of Filo Pastry into eight equal sized squares. Brush one layer with Butter, and lay another sheet on top. Repeat until you have eight equal piles.
4. Place an eighth of the filling in the centre of the square, and brush the edges with some Melted Butter, and fold into a triangle, and brush both sides with some more of the Melted Butter.
5. Heat the oil for deep-frying to around 180C, and fry for around five minutes until the Samosas are golden brown, and cooked through. Drain well with and pat dry with some crumpled Kitchen Paper.
Serve with some slices of Lime, Chutneys, and on a bed of Lettuce. Theyâ€™re great as part of a buffet Spread for a party as well!
Photo Courtesy of: moacirpdsp