That eating while drivingÂ post got me thinking about MediterraneanÂ pizza & I just can’t quit so IÂ know what we’re having for dinner!Â Enjoy this Mediterranean Pizza recipe & savor the flavor of pesto & asiago cheese!
- 1 pre-made prepared pizza crust, or get crafty & make one yourself
- 1Â cup pesto sauce (use bottled or make your own)Â
- 1Â cup artichoke heartsÂ
- 1Â cup sliced tomatoesÂ
- 1Â cup wilted spinach leavesÂ
- 1/2Â cup kalamata olivesÂ
- 4Â ounces feta cheeseÂ
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, asiago and provolone cheese mixÂ
- Â olive oil
Go ahead & preheat your oven to 350 F or 175 C.
Brush pizza shell with olive oil.
Spread pesto sauce thoroughly over the surface of the shell, leaving the edge as a crust.
Top with olives, sliced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, wilted spinach leaves and cover with cheeses.
Place pizza directly on oven rack for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted from center to edge.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.