Make a batch for a friend, sell at a bake sale, or serve at the next family get-together. In fact, make two. These mint brownies will disappear faster than you can say, “Merry Christmas!”
6 squares unsweetened chocolate
2 3/4 cups sugar
1 cup dark corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup coarsley chopped walnuts (optional)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
Green food coloring
3 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 square semisweet chocolate
4 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons dark corn syrup
Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 15X10 jelly-roll pan.
2. Now, prepare the chocolate. In heavy 2-quart saucepan, slowly melt unsweetened chocolate squares over low heat. Stir constantly to prevent burning.
3. In a mixer, blend (at low speed) sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and 1 cup butter. Then, increase the speed to high to get the mixture light and fluffy.
3. Reduce speed to low. Slowly add flour, salt and eggs, scraping the bowl with a spatula to ensure everuything’s mixed. Increase speed again to high and beat for 2 minutes.
4. Lower speed again and beat in melted chocolate.
5. Mix in walnuts.
6. Evenly spread batter in pan. Bake 40-45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool brownies in pan on wire rack.
7. Prepare mint butter-cream frosting by mixing at low speed: powdered sugar, milk, peppermint extract and 6 Tbs. butter until smooth. Stir in enough green food coloring to tint a pretty green. Evenly spread frosting over cooled brownies. Refrigerate while preparing Chocolate Glaze.
8. Chocolate Glaze: In a heavy 2-quart saucepan over low heat, heat glaze ingredients until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from heat; stir frequently until glaze cools slightly. Carefully spread glaze over frosting to completely cover top. Refrigerate until glaze is set, about 1 hour