This is what I am cooking for dinner later today. I tried it once and everyone liked it so I thought Iâ€™d give it another go. The idea is to make something a bit different from what weâ€™re used to and still use a healthy cut, such as chicken breast. Hereâ€™s the recipe, straight from my kitchen.
4 boneless chicken breasts
Japanese bread crumbs
Mozzarella cheese (sliced thinly)
1. Wash the meat thoroughly and pat dry.
2. Season well with salt and pepper. It depends on how much flavor you want. Set aside for about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Heat some olive oil in a thick pan â€“ go round the pan 2 or 3 times.
4. Beat the egg and then dip the chicken breasts in it.
5. Roll the chicken breasts in the Japanese bread crumbs so that they are completely covered.
6. When the oil is hot enough, place the chicken breasts in the pan.
7. Fry on medium heat and get your mozzarella slices ready
8. After about 6 minutes, turn the chicken breasts over.
9. Place a slice of mozzarella on top of each chicken breast â€“ you can add more if you want a cheesier piece.
10. Leave frying for another 6 minutes or so.
11. Serve hot with rice or any other favorite side dish.
I love how the Japanese bread crumbs give you that crunchy texture, which combines well with the gooey stickiness of the melted mozzarella. Another option for seasoning is to use a bit of fish sauce instead of salt. Try it!