A happy goodÂ Monday morning to you all!Â Well, the Super Bowl is over & now my husband is going to have to find another sport toÂ occupy his mind, March Madness isn’t too far off IÂ suppose.
As I mentioned earlier, I amÂ dedicating the month of February for quick meal ideas, to giveÂ us all a little more balance.Â Today we have this fabulous Spinach Orzo recipe, which from start to finish takesÂ just about 30 minutes.Â Hope you enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, coarsely shredded (1/2 cup)
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked orzo or rosamarina pasta (12 ounces)
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
Melt margarine in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic and carrot in margarine about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrot is tender.
Stir in broth, pasta and spinach. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broth is absorbed. Stir in remaining ingredients before serving.