Good Friday morning to you, readers.Â So happy you dropped by for today’s quick recipe of the day.Â This fine morn we have a Cajun Seafood Pasta recipe on the menu.Â This is a perfect quickie comfort food recipe for all you seafood lovers out there.Â As you can tell, I have seafood pasta on the brain this week!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1Â tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound scallops
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
Meanwhile, pour cream into large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until just about boiling. Reduce heat, and add herbs, salt, peppers, onions, and parsley. Simmer 7 to 8 minutes, or until thickened.
Stir in seafood, cooking until shrimp is no longer transparent. Stir in cheeses, blending well.
Drain pasta. Serve sauce over noodles & you’re done!