This is a great dish to have prepared in the fridge for a day where you donâ€™t have the time to cook a â€˜properâ€™ dinner, as everything is easy and fast to cook, if you plan ahead.
Using Rump steak gives more juices and flavours, which improves the flavours and tastes that are in the meal â€“ itâ€™s also very affordable and easier to find in shops, so easier to make the dish!
To Serve 6
2tbsp Soy Sauce
2tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
2tsp Tomato Puree
1tsp Lemon Juice
1tbsp White Wine Vinegar
4tsp Sesame Seeds
2tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled and Crushed
Salt and Pepper
700g Rump Steak
6 Sticks Celery
1 Bunch of Spring Onions
1 Small Cucumber
1. Mix the Soy Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Brown Sugar, Tomato Puree, Lemon Juice, White Wine Vinegar and Sesame Seeds into a large bowl, along with two tablespoons of Oil, the Garlic, and Salt and Pepper.
2. Slice the Steak into strips about half a centimetre across, and about five centimetres long, before stirring them into the marinade, covering and leaving to chill in a refrigerator for at least three hours
3. When youâ€™re ready to cook, cut the Celery, Spring Onion and Cucumber into thin strips, discarding any seeds you find.
4. Heat a tablespoon of Oil in a large wok on non-stick pan until it begins to smoke slightly, and take the Steak strips out of the Marinade, and fry them in small batches until they are well browned, and place in a large warmed bowl.
5. Add the remainder of the marinade to the pan, and reduce it until it forms a syrup, and then pour over the cooked Steak.
6. Serve with the Vegetables either stirred in with the Steak, or on the side.
Photo Courtesy of: Tavalli