Use trimmings of Smoked Salmon as the cuttings are much cheaper to buy, but still provide the same amount of flavour. The Avocado and tomato is a great garnish to this dish, and adds extra flavours, but if youâ€™d like, pipe the Pate into the halves of Avocadoes where the stone was.
You can also use Mackerel or Kippers instead of Salmon â€“ they both provide a great taste, but both vary compared to the tastes offered by Salmon.
To serve 2
60g Smoked Salmon Pieces
1 Hard Boiled Egg
3tbsp Low-Fat Soft Cheese
1 Small Garlic Clove, peeled and crushed
1tsp Lemon or Lime Juice
2tbsp Natural Yogurt
1 Ripe Avocado
1. Put the pieces of Smoked Salmon into a food processor, and process until smooth â€“ for a chunkier pate, chop the pieces of fish up by hand very finely
2. Add the Egg to the mixture, and then blend again. Add the Soft Cheese, Lemon or Lime Juice and Garlic to the mixture, as well as Pepper. If youâ€™re making this by hand, grate the Egg into the other ingredients (Cheese, Juice and Garlic), and then mix in by hand.
3. Add enough Natural Yogurt to the mix to allow you to pipe it, and then spoon into a piping bag, and chill until required â€“ ideally prepare this dish around thirty minutes in advance to allow it to set better.
4. Cut the Tomatoes into wedges, halve the Avocado, peel it and remove the stone, before cutting into wedges.
5. Arrange the wedges of Tomato and Avocado on a plate, and then spoon or pipe a portion of Pate onto each plate â€“ serve with Crackers, Toast or Crusty Bread.
Photo Courtesy of: stu_spivack