WellÂ folks, this year is movingÂ right along now, isn’t it?Â April has come & March is gone, so weÂ bid daily dessert recipes adieuÂ and welcome the daily snacks!
On the menu today we haveÂ a great Margarita Chex Mix Recipe which is fabulous because you can take this snack just about anywhere you go.Â Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 envelopes instant margarita mix, from 3 1/3-oz package
- 4 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup bite-size pretzel twists
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
Heat oven to 250 F or 121 C.
In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven. Stir in tequila, seasoned salt, red pepper and dry margarita mix. Stir in cereals, nuts and pretzels until evenly coated.
Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Stir in cranberries. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.