And a happy morning to you!Â Chin up, readers, with the weekend right around the bend, there’s just a couple more days of work till we can put up our feet for a while.
On the menu for today, we have a fabulous Sweet Potato Scone recipe for you.Â Combining the sweet taste of yams & the consistency of scones, this recipe is a perfect before work snack.Â Enjoy!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup firm margarine
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten, if desired
- Granulated sugar, if desired
Heat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
Mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and cloves in medium bowl. Cut in margarine, using fork or pastry blender, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in sweet potato, carrot, yogurt and vanilla just until dough leaves side of bowl.
Place dough on lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat. Knead lightly 10 times. Roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut with 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter dipped into flour, or cut into diamonds with knife. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with granulated sugar.
Bake about 20 minutes or until edges are light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm & enjoy!