Well, the cold streak continues this weekend so I thought weÂ mightÂ need to cuddle up with some warm homemade bread.Â Am I right or am I right?
This deliciousÂ recipe for the Best Zucchini BreadÂ out there is sure to take that cold right out of your bones & replace it with yummyness.Â Enjoy!
- 3 1/2Â cups all-purpose flourÂ
- 2Â teaspoons baking powderÂ
- 1/2Â teaspoon baking sodaÂ
- 1Â teaspoon saltÂ
- 1Â teaspoon ground cinnamonÂ
- 1/2Â teaspoon freshly grated nutmegÂ
- 1/4Â teaspoon ground clovesÂ
- 2 1/2Â cups zucchini (grated unpeeled)Â
- 1Â cup sugarÂ
- 4Â large eggs, lightly beatenÂ
- 1/2Â cup vegetable oilÂ
- 2Â tablespoons orange zest, gratedÂ
- 1Â cup toasted walnuts or pecans (coarsely chopped)Â
Go ahead & preheatÂ your oven to 350 F or 175 C.
Grease and flour two 8Â½-inch loaf pans.
Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves into a bowl and set aside; Combine the zucchini, sugar, eggs, oil, and orange zest in a large bowl and mix by hand until evenly blended.
Add the sifted dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture; Stir by hand just until the batter is evenly moistened and blended; Fold in the nuts; divide batter between the prepared loaf pans.
Bake until the edges are browned and starting to pull away from the pan and the bread springs back when lightly pressed with your fingertip, 50-55 minutes.
Remove the loaves from the pans and let cool on wire racks before serving & enjoy!