Nothing says springtime like a fresh veggie soupÂ & this Ginger & Butternut Squash Recipe is certainly no exception.
With a mild mix of ginger & butternut squash, this soup recipe is sure to please your picky eaters as well.Â Enjoy!
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1Â½ lb butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger root juice
- a pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- to taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1Â½ pts light vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp concentrated soy milk
- a few fresh chives
- a pinch freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
Saute the onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes covered, without browning.Â
Â Add the butternut squash, ginger juice, nutmeg and a little seasoning. Cover and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent browning.
Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.Â
Puree the soup in a blender or processor.
Reheat to serve and garnish with a swirl ofÂ soya milk &Â sprinkle with nutmegÂ & chives.