Well, it’s a rainy & allergy-ridden Tuesday here in NashvilleÂ & I need a pick-me-up.Â I’m thinking the best thing for this flu-ish sore throat is going to beÂ the good stuff, Hot & Sour Soup Recipe!Â
Enjoy this wonderful dish & eat some for me!
- 4 dried shiitake (black) mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 blockÂ tofu, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 3 large slices of ginger
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, julienned
- 1/2 cup white rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2Â teaspoons chilli sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed in a small amount of water
- 1 egg white
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
Soak mushroomsÂ inÂ water for 20 minutes.Â
Cut up tofu, carrot, and bamboo shoots.
Add the 2 teaspoons of cornstarch. Mix well and let stand.
Trim the mushrooms and wood ear stems and slice thinly.
Place stock in a large pot and bring to boil, Add mushrooms, wood ear and ginger. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove ginger.
Add pork, tofu, pig’s blood, carrots, and bamboo shoots. Cook for 2 minutes, before adding vinegar, soy sauce, and chilli sauce. Cook for further 5 minutes.
Mix in the cornstarch to thicken soup. Turn off heat. Add egg white and stir gently.
Garnish with spring onions.