So, I’m doing the It’s Thursday Dance, are you?Â JustÂ one more day & we’re weekend-bound,Â right?
On the menuÂ forÂ today IÂ have something different forÂ you, that will make all the spicy lovers out there jump with joy.Â This Spicy Thai Shrimp Soup Recipe isÂ the perfect thing for dinnerÂ tonight,Â I promise!Â Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeledÂ & deveined, shells reserved
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, cut into slivers
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 cans (about 14 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2-inch strip each lemon and lime peel
- 1 can (15 ounces) straw mushrooms, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 fresh red Thai chili pepper or red jalapeÃ±o pepper or 1/4 small red bell pepper, cut into strips*
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Heat your favorite wok over medium-high heat 1 minute or until hot. Add oil to wok; heat 30 seconds. Add shrimp and jalapeÃ±o pepper slivers; stir-fry 1 minute. Add paprika and ground red pepper. Stir-fry 1 minute more or until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Remove shrimp mixture to bowl; set aside.
Add shrimp shells to wok and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and lemon and lime peels; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 minutes.
Remove shells and peels from broth with slotted spoon; discard. Add mushrooms and shrimp mixture to broth; bring to a boil. Stir in lemon and lime juices, soy sauce and red chili pepper. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately.