Well, it happened quickly,Â but it happened all the same.Â Friday is hereÂ & we must part ways for a few days.Â But never fear, I worked all night toÂ whipÂ you up some fantastic soup recipes to keep you goingÂ until we’re together once again.
Enjoy this truly delicious Tortilla Soup Recipe that is sure to warm anyone to the idea ofÂ Monterey Jack cheese!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 of a large onion
- 6 ounce can of roasted chiles, chopped
- 2 14-ounce cans of tomatoes, drained
- 1 8-ounce cream cheese, diced
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 4 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces of chicken, cooked, diced
- 3 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Diced onions
SautÃ© onions in butter. Add chiles and tomatoes. Cook 8-10 minutes. Add cream cheese. Stir till melted. Add broth and remaining ingredients. Stir to incorporate but do not boil.
Slice tortillas into 1/2-inch strips. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in frying pan. Add strips to oil and fry until brown on both sides.
To serve, ladle soup into bowl. Top with fried tortilla strips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and diced onions.Â Enjoy!