St. Patrick’s Day is this coming Saturday &Â is oneÂ of my favorite holidays.Â Â I mean, comeÂ on, how oftenÂ do you get to pinch people & get away withÂ it?!
This fabulous St. Patrick’s Day PotÂ O’Â Gold Rainbow Cupcakes Recipe is easy to make & is really great for any weekend parties you may be having.Â Enjoy!
- A cooled cupcakeÂ
- Grass-green frostingÂ (for rainbow)
- Several flavors of Airheads candiesÂ
- A pot’s worth of gold coinsÂ
1. To make one, first top a cooled cupcake (baked from your favorite recipe) with grass-green frosting.
2. For the rainbow, use a large, heavy knife (parents only) to cut a long, narrow strip from each of several flavors of Airheads candies (this is sticky stuff, so work on waxed paper). Lay the strips side by side, press them together, then cut the ribbon of strips in half to make two rainbows.
3. Curve each one into an arch and trim the ends as shown. Set one rainbow upright on the cupcake (save the other for another cupcake) and deposit a pot’s worth of gold coins at one end. If necessary, place a gold coin behind the rainbow for support.Â And you’re done!