A new twist to chicken and chips, which shouldn’t be exclusively for the children! For a healthier version, use Low-Salt Soy Sauce.
Serve it fresh, and try to keep the skin on to make it extra crispy and taste better. For the wedges, you can experiment, and use different vegetables – Sweet Potatoes, Parsnips and different varieties of potatoes all vary the taste. Personally, I prefer when they still have the skin on the outside of the wedges, but it’s all down to what you prefer!
To Serve 4
4 Baking Potatoes, cut into Wedges
1-2tbsp Sunflower Oil
Pinch Chilli Flakes
½ tsp Ground Coriander
Pinch Ground Cumin
6tbsp Runny Honey
4tbsp Soy Sauce
2tbsp Dijon Mustard
8 Chicken Drumsticks
1. Heat the oven to 200 C/ Gas Mark 6
2. Mix the Honey, Soy Sauce and Mustard together, and pour into a food bag.
3. Dry the chicken off on Kitchen Paper, and put them into the bag along with the marinade. Shake well, and, if possible, leave for a few hours in a fridge.
4. Mix the Potatoes with Oil, Coriander, Cumin and Chilli Flakes, and spread out on a large tray, cooking for thirty five minutes, turning occasionally.
5. Put the Chicken onto an Oiled Baking tray, and bake for twenty to twenty-five minutes, or until the juices run clear when pierced.
You can serve this with Salad leaves, or other vegetables.
Photo courtesy of: Micsten