The soft sponge fingers with the soft creamy yoghurt and fresh fruit inside make such a beautiful change to some other desserts, especially since it’s so light!
To Serve 8
100g Caster Sugar
1 pack of Sponge Fingers
2 sheets of Gelatine
500g 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
½tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Place 75g of the Sugar in a small pan with 100ml of water. Heat gently, and stir until the Sugar has dissolved.
2. Slice 250g of the Strawberries, and add these as well as 175g of the Raspberries to the water, and mash lightly.
3. Take off the heat, and cool for fifteen minutes. Strain into a shallow dish, keeping the fruit to one side.
4. Dip the Sponge Fingers into the Sugar water one at a time, and line the base of a one litre pudding basin, cutting them to fit.
5. In a different pan, soak the Gelatine sheets in four tablespoons of cold water until they are soft (it should take around five minutes). Heat the pan up gently until melted.
6. Place the Yogurt in a bowl with the Vanilla Extract and the remaining 25g of Sugar. Beat in the melted Gelatine. Place half into the Sponge-lined basin, add the fruit then cover with the rest of the Yogurt mix and any of the remaining Sponges.
7. Drizzle any remaining Syrup around the edge of the basin, and then place in the fridge to chill for at least four hours until set.
8. To serve, place a plate across the top of the basin, and turn upside down, then top with the extra berries.
Photo Courtesy of: Renee Silverman