Soft, juicy with a nice crisp edge to them â€“ these Grilled Peaches are a great desert, especially after a rustic main course. For an extra crisp, sweet finish to them, sprinkle half a teaspoon of Brown Sugar over the top before grilling.
If youâ€™re not too fond of Peaches, you can always change them for some very ripe Nectarines or Pears â€“ take a thin slice off of them so that theyâ€™ll stay flat and cook evenly.
To serve 4
4 Ripe Peaches
150ml Double Cream
125g Plain Chocolate, broken into pieces
50g Marzipan, chopped into small pieces
2tbsp Icing Sugar
1. Halve the Peaches, and cut out the stones. Arrange them, with the cut side facing up, into a shallow flameproof dish.
2. Pour the Double Cream into a saucepan, then heat up until just before boiling. Stir in the Chocolate chunks, and stir over a gentle heat until smooth.
3. Remove thin strips of the rind from the Lime and set aside. Squeeze two teaspoons of Lime Juice and add to the Chocolate Sauce.
4. Squeeze another two teaspoons of Lime Juice and sprinkle over the cut Peaches.
5. Divide the chopped Marzipan between the Peach Halves, and drizzle a little of the Chocolate Sauce over the top of the Peaches, then pour the rest into the cooking dish.
6. Sift some Icing Sugar over the top, then grill for around five minutes under a high heat. The Peaches and Marzipan should be slightly coloured, and crisp on the edges.
7. Transfer to warmed serving plates, and scatter the Lime Rind over the top. Pour a little Cream into the Chocolate Sauce, and mix lightly. Serve still warm.
Photo Courtesy of: mccun934