Rich, full of flavour and very simple to make â€“ this Cheesecake will leave you wanting more and more of it, which is okay as itâ€™s designed to serve eight. Whether or not it serves that many is a different story!
Serve it once it’s been chilled, along with some Syrup on top for a sweeter twist on it.
To Serve 8
175g Digestive Biscuits, crushed
65g Butter, just melted
Juice and Grated Rind of 1 Orange
100g Dried Fruit (such as Apricots, Raisins, Sultanas, etc.)
3 Egg Yolks
100g Caster Sugar
200g CrÃ¨me Fraiche
1. Using some fresh Butter, cover the sides of a twenty centimetre spring form cake tin, and pre-heat an oven to 200c.
2. Mix the Crushed Biscuits and Butter together, then pour into the base of the tin, covering the base evenly. Chill in a refrigerator until set.
3. Put the Dried Fruit into a saucepan along with the Orange Juice, and simmer for four minutes until the Juice has been absorbed.
4. In a large dry bowl, mix the Egg Yolks, Grated Orange Zest, Cornflour and Caster Sugar to make a paste, before whisking the CrÃ¨me Fraiche and Mascarpone together, and slowly folding it into the Paste. Slowly add the Dried Fruit, and pour onto the Biscuit Base.
5. Place in the oven for fifty minutes. If it begins to brown, cover with some foil.
6. Cool before removing from the tin, and dust with Icing Sugar to serve.
Photo Courtesy of: stu_spivack