To Serve 4
40g Almond Flakes
1 Fat Vanilla Pod, split
2tsp Sunflower Oil
4 Conference Pears, peeled, halved and cored
8 Red Plums, halved and stoned
4tbsp Honey, preferably liquid
1. Heat the oven to 220C, and place the Almond Flakes in a shallow roasting tray and bake for fifteen minutes. Remove from the Oven, and set to one side.
2. Remove the seeds from the Vanilla Pods. Place the Pears and Plums into the Roasting Tins, spoon the Honey over the top, then sprinkle the Vanilla Seeds over evenly. After cleaning your hands, mix them well together, making sure that they are coated evenly, then place cut-side up.
3. Roast for fifteen minutes, then baste with the bubbling Honey, and roast for another five or ten minutes.
4. Turn the Grill on, and then toast the Plums and Pears for five minutes to caramelise and crisp up slightly if wanted â€“ being careful not to burn them!
5. Scatter with the Roasted Almond Flakes.
Allow to cool for a minute before serving, then serve with fresh Ice Cream or the CrÃ¨me Fraiche.
Photo Courtesy of: Sunday’s Child