Great as a Pate or as the stuffing for a Mushroom, Celery or Tomato, and flavoured with Dill and Parsley, this mixture is a bit unusual, but it’s one that’ll leave you wanting more and more.
Serve it fresh out of the fridge to make sure it has fully set.
To Serve 2
1 Celery Stick
2 Spring Onions, trimmed
30g Walnuts, shelled
1tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
1tsp Chopped Fresh Dill
1 Garlic Clove, peeled and crushed
125g Cottage Cheese
60g Blue Cheese
1 Hard Boiled Egg
Salt and Pepper
1. Chop the Celery finely, slice the Spring Onions very finely and chop the Walnuts evenly, but not too finely, and place them all in a bowl.
2. To the bowl, add the Chopped Herbs, Garlic and add a generous amount of Worcestershire Sauce and mix well before stirring the Cottage Cheese in evenly throughout the mixture.
3. Grate the Blue Cheese (either Stilton or Danish Blue) and Boiled Egg into the Pate Mixture, and then season to taste with the Salt and Pepper.
4. Melt the Butter, before pouring over the top and stirring through the bowl evenly. Spoon into a serving dish or into two individual dishes, but do not press down firmly. Chill in the refrigerator until set.
5. Serve straight from the refrigerator, garnished with some fresh herbs.
If you’re serving as a stuffing for the Tomatoes, try to find some extra large Tomatoes, slice the tops off of them and remove as much of the flesh as possible, and spoon the mixture in, making sure you do not break the skin.
Photo Courtesy of: viZZZual.com