You can prepare these a day early, and chill in the fridge. This can allow the chicken to absorb some more of the flavours for longer, developing the tastes better.
To Serve 6
125g Softened Butter
5 crushed cloves of Garlic
6 plump, skinless Chicken Breasts
4tbsp Plain Flour
1tbsp Dried Parsley
1tbsp Dried Thyme
2 Eggs, Beaten
200ml Vegetable Oil
1. Heat the oven to 200 C – Gas Mark 6.
2. Mix the Butter, Garlic and Parsley together, and season to taste. Roll it into a long, thin sausage shape, and wrap tightly in cling-film. Place in the fridge to chill.
3. Mark a cut into the side of each Chicken Breast to make a pocket, where you need to insert some of the chilled Herb Butter (after taking it out of the Cling-film!)
4. Mix the Breadcrumbs with the Paprika and Thyme. Season well with Salt and Pepper. Pour the beaten Egg onto a large plate, the breadcrumbs on another plate and the flour on another.
5. Cover the Chicken in the Flour, then into the Egg, then finally the Breadcrumbs, making sure that all of the chicken is well coated. Secure each Chicken Breast with a Cocktail stick in order to keep as much butter inside as possible.
6. Heat the oil until very hot (a piece of bread should turn golden in about thirty seconds). Fry each Parcel for a minute or two until golden, then transfer into a large baking tray, and cook in the oven for fifteen to twenty minutes.
7. To serve, remove all of the cocktail sticks, and drizzle and of the extra sauce over the top.
Photo Courtesy of Megan.Chromik