Made with Steak usually, this variety uses a Minced Meat Patty â€“ you can experiment with different meats â€“ Beef, Lamb or Pork, even Chicken and Turkey if you really want!
Using Patties will give more flavours and colours than youâ€™d expect, and as such, gives your eyes and taste buds a real treat!
To serve 4
225g Minced Meat (in this case, weâ€™re using Beef)
115g Fresh Wholemeal Breadcrumbs
4 Spring Onions, sliced
1 Garlic Clove, peeled and crushed
1tsp Chilli Powder
2tbsp Olive Oil
2tbsp Plain Flour
150ml Dry White Wine
50ml Vegetable Stock
120ml Double Cream
115g Tiger Prawns
4 slices White Bread
Salt and Pepper
1. Mix the Minced Meat with the Breadcrumbs, Garlic, Chilli Powder and Spring Onions. Season well, then shape into four equal balls â€“ squash them slightly flat.
2. Heat the Olive Oil in a heavy-based frying pan, and gently place the Patties into the pan. Cook for around seven minutes, turning them frequently and being gentle with them.
3. To make the sauce, add the Flour to the Frying pan (with the Patties still in there), and cook for a minute. Gradually pour in the Wine, Stock and Cream. Add the Prawns then cook for a further five minutes, stirring the whole time.
4. To make the Croutes (bread base), cut out four ten centimetre rounds from the Sliced Bread. Melt the Butter in a clean fresh Frying Pan, then add the Bread. Cook for two to three minutes, turning once.
5. To serve, place the Patties on top of the Croutes, then spoon the Sauce over the top. Serve with Mangetout and other seasonal vegetables.
Photo Courtesy of: FotoosVanRobin