To serve 10
100g melted butter
100g Digestive Biscuits
100g Ginger Nut Biscuits
400g White Chocolate
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
2 tbsp Orange Juice
600ml Double Cream
1. Heat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F/ Gas Mark 4
2. Butter the sides of a cake tin, and line the base with baking paper. Crush the biscuits, and mix with the melted butter
3. Put the biscuit mix into the tin, and push down evenly with a large metal spoon and bake for 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
4. Put the White Chocolate, Orange Juice, Golden Syrup and a quarter of the cream into a heatproof bowl, and put the bowl over a pan of simmering water for 2 minutesâ€“ make sure that the bowl doesnâ€™t touch the water, or itâ€™ll burn!
5. Turn the heat off after the 2 minutes, and combine thoroughly. Leave until cool, but still liquid
6. In a fresh, clean, dry bowl, whip the rest of the cream until it begins to hold its shape. Fold into the chocolate mix, making sure itâ€™s all mixed in properly.
7. Pour onto the base, and chill for at least 3 hours, decorate with the strawberries
Photo Courtesy of rox sm