Enough to serve 8, these wings will tingle just enough to get the ‘Oooh’ factor. The crispy golden brown skin, mixed with all the aromas given off will make these wings disappear faster than a Chicken crossing the road!
If there’s youngsters around, make a batch with either no Tequila, or just a few teaspoons to get the flavour, and only just 1/2 a Chilli.
Rind and Juice of 4 limes
3 tbsp Sugar
2 red Chillies (deseeded or not, itâ€™s up to you!)
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1.5kg chicken wings
1. Mix the lime juice and rinds, sugar, chillies, garlic and salt together, and blend well (or use a pestle and mortar if you have one)
2. When quite fine, add the tequila and honey, and mix well.
3. Add the oil â€“ itâ€™ll stop the paste from burning
4. Massage into the chicken wings, and leave to marinade for as long as possible â€“ overnight is great!
5. Heat the oven to 180 C/ 350 F/ Gas Mark 4, and cook the wings for 20minutes
Photo Courtesy of Izik