Well, you can’t have the turkey without the stuffing, or you’re just plain not doing Thanksgiving up right.Â So, now that we know how to roast the perfect bird, let’s take on its famous counterpart- the dressing.Â
This East India Bread & Celery Stuffing Dressing Recipe is a traditional stuffing recipe which adds some fruit, nuts & an East Indian flair.Â You family will embrace the change & love you for it.Â Enjoy!
- What’s Next:Â Â
1. Let bread slices air dry for 5 to 12 hours (overnight), then cut into cubes.
2. Chop celery, parsley and anything else that needs cutting up.
3. In a large pan or Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion and celery until translucent. Season with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper, paprika, cinnamon and garam marsala.Â Stir in fruit.
4. Stir in bread cubes until evenly coated.Â Toss in almonds
5. Moisten with chicken broth, half & half and beaten eggs; Lastly throw in toasted coconut.Â Mix well.
4. Chill, and use as a stuffing for turkey, or bake in a buttered casserole dish covered with foil at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.Â Then bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.